Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia Preliminary Schedule
IMG has announced the preliminary schedule for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia (MBFWA) 2018, taking place 13 – 17 May in Sydney, Australia at Carriageworks.
MBFWA will feature the collections of designers including: ACLER, AKIRA, ALBUS LUMEN, ANNA QUAN, BLAIR ARCHIBALD, BIANCA SPENDER, CAMILLA, CAMILLA AND MARC, CLIENT LIAISON, C/MEO, CHRISTOPHER ESBER, DEADLY PONIES, DOUBLE RAINBOUU, HANSEN & GRETEL, I.AM.GIA, JETS, JUSTIN CASSIN, LEE MATTHEWS, LEO + LIN, MACGRAW, MATCHESFASHION.COM X EMILIA WICKSTEAD, MICHAEL LO SORDO, PEREIRA FITZGERALD, RAFFLES, ROMANCE WAS BORN, ROOPA, TAFE, TEN PIECES, THOMAS PUTTICK and WE ARE KINDRED.
Designers will be showcasing Resort 2019 collections at MBFWA.
MBFWA Resort 2019 highlights include:
• Celebrating the brand’s 15th anniversary, CAMILLA AND MARC will open this year’s event for the Mercedes-Benz Presents show on Sunday 13 May.
• CAMILLA will return to MBFWA and stage a spectacular show to close out the week on Thursday 17 May, as well as the Mercedes-Benz Opening Showcase at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition (MBFWE) on Friday 18 May.
• International designer Emilia Wickstead in collaboration with MATCHESFASHION.COM (London) will debut her Resort collection at MBFWA for the first time.
• Akira Isogawa will celebrate 25 years in business with his MBFWA 2018 show.
• Numerous emerging Australian designers will make their MBFWA debut including Blair Archibald, Deadly Ponies, I.AM.GIA, Leo + Lin and Pereira Fitzgerald.
• Internationally renowned DJ duo, Client Liaison, will break into the fashion world with the launch of their first collection.
• The St.George NextGen show will once again provide emerging designers an opportunity to show in front of an international audience. This season’s participating designers are ALLISAR.H, Chris Ran Lin, Gina Snodgrass and Of RO.
Each year, MBFWA continues to cement its global relevancy. In 2017, its second year on the Resort schedule, buyer attendance increased by an unprecedented 51%, including representatives from top international retailers such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Farfetch.
In 2018, The Suites, the onsite sales showrooms IMG introduced to the footprint last year, will double in size due to increased demand after a successful inaugural year in 2017. Additionally, Mercedes-Benz Weekend Edition will debut The Stores, a retail showcase where consumers can shop limited edition designs from some of Australia’s best and brightest designers – for one day only.
“We are excited to welcome an incredibly robust group of both seasoned and emerging designers to the third season of MBFWA Resort,” said Catherine Bennett, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of IMG Fashion Events. “The continued interest and support from the local and international community for the designers, their collections and the city as a resort destination is unparalleled and makes this event one of the fashion world’s best.”
NSW Minister for Tourism and Major Events Adam Marshall said, “The NSW Government is delighted to be supporting MBFWA to profile our State’s fashion industry and the talented designers making their mark internationally while showcasing our unique Australian style and importantly, generating business for NSW.”
“The schedule for this year’s event represents the best in the business while also providing a global platform for emerging talent, and will once again reinforce Sydney’s reputation as Australia’s fashion capital.”
On Friday 18 May 2018, MBFWA will host a series of thought leadership seminars focused on the fashion industry. The seminars, which will be open to the public, will offer informative content curated by industry leaders including Australian Fashion Council executives, who will present on Thursday 17 May, and Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences executives, who will present from 12 – 5pm on Friday 18 May.
Additionally, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition (MBFWE) will return this season, with the Mercedes-Benz Opening Showcase featuring Australian designer CAMILLA on Friday 18 May, and run through 19 May. MBFWE is available to consumers and offers exclusive access to designer shows and fashion film screenings as well as exclusive shopping offers, complimentary hair and makeup sessions, access to the MBFWE style sessions and quality food and drink. To purchase tickets visit www.mbfwe.com.
The digital home for MBFWA will be mbfashionweek.com/Australia and @fashionweekaus, #MBFWA and #MBFWE across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, featuring exclusive designer content, live streams and archives of designer shows and social activations throughout the week.
Fashion Community Week in San Francisco – March 10-13, 2022
Spring season in San Francisco will kick off with the 14th season of the Award-Read More
OH POLLY’s International Women’s Day Event
London based clothing brand OH POLLY hosted their first celebration of “INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY” withRead More