SEABOURN SET FOR 2019 SEASON IN ALASKA & BRITISH COLUMBIA
Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is preparing to embark on its 2019 season in Alaska & British Columbia with Seabourn Sojourn headed north offering unique itineraries, special onboard events, adventurous shore excursions, and immersive journeys through “The Great Land.” With only 10 departures scheduled through the season, guests are encouraged to book now to secure their spot on board.
“This summer will be Seabourn’s third season in a row exploring ‘The Great Land’ up north, and as always our guests will enjoy a myriad of wonders and exclusive opportunities to get up close and into the wilderness on the ship and via our optional expedition-style Ventures by Seabourn program,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales. “We’re excited to bring the best of Alaska on the best and to continue to offer our guests the opportunity to explore the treasures hidden within the unique landscape of Alaska and British Columbia.”
The 2019 season runs from June to October offering a selection of 11-, 12- and 14-day ‘Ultimate Alaska’ cruises with itineraries including wilderness destinations such as Harriman Fjord and College Fjord; marquee ports from Ketchikan and Juneau; and rarely visited gems such as the First Nation villages of Alert Bay and Klemtu, a town of fewer than 500 belonging to the Kitasoo Native Band where guests will enjoy an exclusive cultural experience within breathtaking Inside Passage of British Columbia.
Every cruise of Seabourn’s 2019 season in Alaska and British Columbia will include complimentary Seabourn all-weather jackets; inspiring onboard guest speakers from Seabourn Conversations program; opportunities for frequent wildlife sightings from the ship and shore; and a delectable “Caviar on the Ice” deck party and other special deck events.
Adventure seekers are encouraged to lock in a spot on one of the cruise line’s Ventures by Seabourn tours to discover select destinations via hike, kayak, Zodiac and catamaran. Each optional excursion exposes guests to up-close exploration of natural and/or cultural wonders, with guidance, insight and lectures from the line’s skilled expedition team staffed by accomplished naturalists, marine biologists, wildlife researchers, photographers, videographers, guides and more. The team is also part of the complimentary Seabourn Conversations program, providing in-depth insights into the history, ecology and culture of the places they visit. Throughout the voyage, their valuable insights are offered both in complimentary formal presentations on a variety of topics and in more casual conversations over meals or at leisure. In addition, the team chronicles their adventures with stories and photos via Seabourn’s Ventures Tracker.
A few notable optional Ventures by Seabourn tours scheduled this season include:
- Inian Islands Zodiac Exploration – Join a naturalist and explore picturesque, weather-beaten shorelines teeming with Steller sea lions, otters and seabirds. Whales hungry for the rich sea life are also a common sight. Seabourn provides travellers an up-close look and access to these remote, striking and unforgettable islands.
- Kayak Exploration of Misty Fjords – Settle into a double kayak and paddle a path into the furthest regions of Alaska’s Misty Fjords, where wildlife and wilderness remain untouched. There will be a guide and a safety kayak along for the ride, but guests are otherwise free to soak in the beauty of this special place, as few ever will.
- Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm Via Kayak – Paddling through Tracy Arm or Endicott Arm is a once-in-a-lifetime experience complete with panoramic views of icebergs, waterfalls, wildlife and stunning backdrops of towering mountains at every turn en route to North Sawyer or Dawes Glacier.
There will be a variety of additional shore excursions available to Seabourn guests to explore fascinating destinations beyond regular ports of call, such as:
- Taku Glacier Lodge, Feast & Five Glaciers: A Mindful Living Tour – Depart from Juneau aboard a classic floatplane to “flightsee” five glaciers on the way to an exclusive, glacier-view seafood feast at Alaska’s famous fly-in Taku Glacier Lodge. A serene yoga session and guided nature walk in sublime surroundings will also be offered to enjoy before return.
- Stikine River & Wilderness Glacier by Jet-Boat – An exhilarating jet-boat ride on one of North America’s last truly wild rivers leads to views of distant peaks, wildlife and spawning salmon, as well as the ear-shaking roar of thundering waterfalls before arrival at iceberg-dotted Shakes Lake and, conditions permitting, a view of Shakes Glacier.
- Wildlife Safari Cruise & Beach Bonfire – Embark on a one-of-a-kind wildlife boat safari from Ketchikan to view the unique and fascinating wildlife in the region that may include humpback and orca whales, Dall’s porpoise, harbor seals and bears. With a 360-degree observation deck, the tour offers excellent photography opportunities and an unobstructed view of the pristine wilderness.
For the traveller who wants to delve deeper, Seabourn is also offering a pair of exclusive Seabourn Journeys for guests to explore Alaska and British Columbia in-depth before or after their cruise. One by plane, the other by rail, both are as magnificent as the region itself:
- Denali Experience – This five-day, fully escorted, custom-designed overland adventure promises awe-inspiring wonder with luxury accommodations and culinary options on top. Venturing into Alaska, guests will soar high above glaciers in a flightseeing plane, and head deep into the protected wilderness of Denali National Park with a guide to spot grizzly and black bears, wolves, moose, caribou and more.
- UNESCO Banff National Park & the Rocky Mountaineer – This seven-day, pre-cruise journey travels deep inland with a scenic drive by premium motor coach through the Canadian Rockies to Banff. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Banff and Yogo National Parks, with dreamy destinations including Takakkaw Falls, Spiral Tunnels in Kicking Horse Pass, and dazzling Emerald Lake, the largest of Yoho’s 61 lakes and ponds. After a day on one’s own, ride the Rocky Mountaineer for two days into the heart of the Canadian Rockies with comfortable seating and GoldLeaf service assured in a bi-level, glass-domed rail car to gaze in awe at photo-worthy views of scenic canyons, valleys, and the lush coast of British Columbia.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 2022
Opera Australia in association with The Really Useful Group, will present Cameron Mackintosh’s spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s THERead More
2021 VRC Spring Carnival
The Victoria Racing Club (VRC) has announced Australian winemaker Penfolds as the new Victoria DerbyRead More