MUSIC FROM THE HOME FRONT 2021
- The biggest names in Aussie music will join forces this Anzac Day eve – for the second year running – in a televised major concert event
- Catch artists performing live in concert at Melbourne’s Sidney Myer Music Bowl, with additional, stunning pre-recorded performances broadcast on the night
- MFTHF 2021 line-up includes (in alphabetical order): Amy Shark, Ben Lee, Bliss N Eso feat. Kasey Chambers, Budjerah, Dean Lewis, Gordi, Hayley Mary, Jerome Farah, Jess Hitchcock, Jimmy Barnes, Lime Cordiale, Mahalia Barnes, Mia Wray, Sam Fischer, Tash Sultana, The Kid LAROI, The Rubens, Tina Arena, Vance Joy, You Am I and Royal Melbourne Hospital Scrub Choir + more to be announced!
- Watch on Channel 9 and 9Now at 7.30pm, Saturday 24 April
- Stream globally on YouTube @ 7.30pm AEST, Saturday 24 April
- Live Sidney Myer Music Bowl tickets on sale Friday 16 April at 12noon AEST
Watched by over 1.419 million viewers on Anzac Day 2020, Music From The Home Front was the most unique concert ever screened on Australian television, capturing an important moment in our nation’s history, born out of Australia and New Zealand’s first lockdown response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Conceptualised by the Mushroom Group’s Michael Gudinski and staged in a mere nine days, Music From The Home Front 2020 saw an unprecedented line-up of Australia and New Zealand’s most iconic musicians united together to remind us that we were not alone – even when we were socially distancing.
It was Michael’s incredible passion and vision which created Music From The Home Front, a celebration to unite people through the power of music.
Says Acting Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events, Mary-Anne Thomas: “We are proud to support Music From The Home Front in 2021 and it’s fantastic we can welcome crowds to this year’s event and show our support for the live music industry.”
While last year’s show was entirely filmed during lockdown, for the first time in 2021 Music From The Home Front will go ‘live’ on stage this year, with artist performances broadcast live from Melbourne’s iconic Sidney Myer Music Bowl. These tracks will be mixed with additional streamed performances shot at various iconic locations. Music lovers can either experience Music From The Home Front in person at the ticketed Sidney Myer Music Bowl concert in Melbourne, or watch the broadcast from anywhere in Australia on Channel 9 (TV) and 9Now, or stream it globally via YouTube.
Ticketholders to the Bowl will be treated to an incredible live line-up starring: (in alphabetical order):
AMY SHARK, BLISS N ESO FEAT. KASEY CHAMBERS, BUDJERAH, JEROME FARAH, LIME CORDIALE, MIA WRAY, TASH SULTANA, THE RUBENS, VANCE JOY and ROYAL MELBOURNE HOSPITAL SCRUB CHOIR.
Tickets for the Bowl concert will go on sale Friday 16 April at 12noon AEST via musicfromthehomefront.com with prices starting at just $69 (plus booking fees). Pre-sale tickets will be available via frontiertouring.com/homefront from Wednesday 14 April.
Music From The Home Front proceedings will kick off on Anzac Day eve (Saturday 24 April), from 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now and YouTube (7.30pm AEST).
Adrian Swift, 9Network’s Head of Content, Production and Development said, “Music From The Home Front is all about celebrating heroes: our ANZAC and Australian military heroes, our healthcare heroes who’ve looked after all of us during the last year of pandemic and this year, the biggest hero of Australian music and the man who made this all possible, Michael Gudinski. Australia’s greatest musicians will join us from some of the country’s most iconic locations as well as gathering at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in honour of these great Aussies in what will be the music event of the year”.
MUSIC FROM THE HOME FRONT
SIDNEY MYER MUSIC BOWL
ANZAC DAY EVE – SATURDAY 24 APRIL 2021
WATCH ON CHANNEL 9 AND 9NOW (7.30PM) + YOUTUBE (7.30pm AEST)
Tame Impala Australasian Tour 2022
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Laneway Presents, Chugg Entertainment & Frontier Touring wish toRead More
STRAWBERRY FIELDS 2022
Strawberry Fields patrons are without a doubt the best of the best! Selling out inRead More